Edinburgh Car & Van Hire provide Van and car Hire within Edinburgh and the Lothians
Driving licence requirements:
- Full UK licence required. You must be aged between 25 and 75 years old.
Minibus hires drivers must have a D1 code to drive minibuses, please make sure you have this code before booking.
- Drivers under 25 years of age are subject to an additional insurance charge. Overseas visitors must have a full domestic (e.g. US/Canada/Australia, Asian or European Licence) or
- International Driving Licence of their country.
- Drivers between the ages of 21 and 25 will be charged an extra £15 per day insurance.
- 2 additional forms of id will be required for all hires and must be shown at the time of your hire.
Deposits for hiring a vehicle:
All vehicles are subject to a holding deposit.
Cars and vans £100.00, Minibuses and 9 seaters £300.00, which is payable at the time of your hire and returned at the end of your hire subject to the vehicle being returned on time and no damage to the vehicle.
150 per day excess mileage policy charge of 30p per mile but in some cases we can wave this please contact us for a quote.
There is a charge of £15 per day for cars and vans £20.00 per day on multi seaters for each additional driver over the named driver covered in our basic prices.
Charges can be discounted for hires 7 days and over.
One way hires:
We can arrange one way rentals but these must be arranged by telephone or email in advance and depends on availability of staff.
Out of opening hours deliveries/collections:
There will be a charge for out of hours delivery/collection. Please telephone the office for further details and prices and depends on availability of staff.
In some cases we don’t charge subject to agreement.
Cancellations made less than 7 days before your hire may be subject to a cancellation charge which is charged at the current cost of the hire.
Cancellations made earlier than 7 days before the commencement of the hire: no charge.